How aware are you of what’s going on around you? How tuned in are you to others’ body language, behaviour, and words? Growing your awareness is an artform. Today I explore awareness of self and others and invited life coach Theresa Vigarino back onto the show to share her take on how to develop your awareness so that you can breakthrough the barriers that are holding you back in life and business. Be sure to catch today’s challenge as we kick off the 31 Days to Biztopia challenge in this episode. Listen in every week for a fresh challenge to help you work towards a more successful and meaningful business and life.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Writally.com, a new startup to help business bloggers create high-quality content in half the time. Join the beta testing community here: http://writally.com/group!
I am the author of Your Brilliant Un-Career and How to Create a Magnetic Marketing System, both available on Amazon. After a near death experience, in 2010 I founded my first startup and now juggle running a successful content marketing agency, a tech startup, and my online training programs from my Brisbane-based home office while solo parenting and home educating my three boys.
Theresa is a Certified, Professional Life Coach with a speciality in trauma and grief recovery. She has coaching graduate work in the study of neuroscience, quantum physics and spirituality. She is also a spiritual teacher, author and speaker. She is a mother of 2 grown children, soon be married and resides in Lake Tahoe, Nevada and Silicon Valley/Bay Area, California. She enjoys activities in nature, is an avid rock climber, gourmet cook, lover of life and social butterfly. She loves her time with her friends and family in Lake Tahoe.
Theresa coaches and teaches women in mid-life how to create the life of their dreams. Currently, she is working with women on healing their hearts, minds, emotions and spirit in the area of romantic love. She teaches a 5-day intensive class, Transformation Through Healing. She coaches one-on-one, and runs retreats for women.
Connect with Theresa
- Growing your awareness is an artform. You need to practice it daily and get in the habit of stopping yourself in your tracks.
- Awareness is just understanding yourself, understanding the world around you and understanding what is real and intentional and what is just ideology and habit.
- Once you develop your sense of awareness you open yourself up to more possibility, happiness, and health. You stop blaming others and you start tuning in to and deconstructing your behaviour and patterns.
- There are some amazing podcasts that are all about how to become an enlightened, aware being and there are podcasts that simply give you everything on a topic you’re interested in.
- Meditation is also a great way to strengthen your awareness.
- If emotions stir, sit with them and explore them. Being aware means tuning into the discomfort you may feel when sadness, anger, and anxiety rear up. Once you explore their presence you can peacefully send them on their way.
Day 1 Challenge:
Subscribe to a podcast on mindfulness. If you don’t have iTunes, simply look up Stitcher Radio or Audioboom and you should be able to subscribe to podcasts via those platforms so long as you have a smartphone or computer. If you don’t have a smartphone, computer or tablet, buy a book on mindfulness from your local bookstore.
Interview with Theresa Vigarino (Part 1)
- Our lack of awareness can keep us from living our best life.
- Not being aware, can be something that holds you back.
- We all have deeply embedded belief systems that keep us from our potential.
- The first key is looking at your life without judgement. Oftentimes when we reflect, along with that comes a lot of self-criticism and self-loathing and there’s a lot of self-judgement. Well that just keeps some of those limiting beliefs activated.
- The first step is looking at your life without the judgement. What’s showing up and what’s not showing up.
- Identify what beliefs are underlying your life story.
- When you acknowledge your underlying beliefs, you can move forward and grow.
- Your self-protection mechanism, this old default programming that’s way out of date and untrue wants to tell you “wait a minute now, you better not believe in this. You may put yourself out there and get rejected.
- You just have to keep choosing the positive.
- As long as you believe you’re going to be rejected, that’s what’s going to show up. You’ll feel like there’s an outside source controlling your life.
- The bottom line is, we have free will. You do it bit by bit, day by day. You become an observer first of the thoughts that are coming to your mind. Then the first step in having self-mastery over your belief systems is identifying triggers.
- When those doubts come forward, you can say to yourself “wait a minute, I have proof that this belief isn’t true.” Think of a situation where that belief was proved invalid and untrue.
- Your conversation with yourself is the most important conversation you can have in your life.
Listen to the Podcast on Sound Cloud
Listen to the Podcast on Stitcher
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Your Brilliant Un-Career features a bonus private podcast interview with EFT Practitioner and author Sally Thibault. Listen in for some encouragement and affirmation that you are enough, just as you are and read Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career for 7 tips to overcome emotional and psychological barriers to your success. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other bonus business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.