In Part 2 of my interview with Theresa Vigarino on Growing in Awareness, we sink our teeth into some big issues around spirituality, belief-systems, connection and identity. The conclusion we came to is that your identity is not wrapped in the external factors of your life— your circumstances, nor the things that have been done to you. Awareness is about understanding yourself in relation to everyone else but it is also about understanding your place in the universe as well. You have the ability then to take that awareness to a new level and invite forgiveness, joy and love into your life. This will help you better connect with others both in business and life and let go of the things that hold you back.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Writally.com, a new startup to help business bloggers create high-quality content in half the time. Join the beta testing community here: http://writally.com/group!
I am the author of Your Brilliant Un-Career and How to Create a Magnetic Marketing System, both available on Amazon. After a near death experience, in 2010 I founded my first startup and now juggle running a successful content marketing agency, a tech startup, and my online training programs from my Brisbane-based home office while solo parenting and home educating my three boys.
Theresa is a Certified, Professional Life Coach with a speciality in trauma and grief recovery. She has coaching graduate work in the study of neuroscience, quantum physics and spirituality. She is also a spiritual teacher, author and speaker. She is a mother of 2 grown children, soon be married and resides in Lake Tahoe, Nevada and Silicon Valley/Bay Area, California. She enjoys activities in nature, is an avid rock climber, gourmet cook, lover of life and social butterfly. She loves her time with her friends and family in Lake Tahoe.
Theresa coaches and teaches women in mid-life how to create the life of their dreams. Currently, she is working with women on healing their hearts, minds, emotions and spirit in the area of romantic love. She teaches a 5-day intensive class, Transformation Through Healing. She coaches one-on-one, and runs retreats for women.
Connect with Theresa
- We wrap up our identify with what we have achieved. We use all of these outside, external things to create our identity, when, in fact, that’s all just false.
- The ultimate awareness is self-actualisation. When you become so aware of the divine inside of us, that’s our true identity.
- When we do we realise there’s no separation between you and me. We all come from the same place and are made from the same stuff.
- When you realise we’re all connected, we have more empathy.
- We spend so much time dwelling on how we’re different. Every person on earth has emotional wounds they are trying to overcome.
- The tendency to blame is what we’ve been brought up with.
- The bridge to this awareness is in our mind.
- Where we stay trapped and suffering is in the invisible boxes in our mind.
- When I changed how I felt about myself I even changed how I felt God viewed me.
- The journey is the destination and it’s about adopting a new way of being.
- The revelations in our lives help us move forward.
- In the ‘Aha’ moments you feel this little moment of joy physically! You feel that elation and yet it’s still there. That is the way to experience deep inner peace and knowingness.
- There’s no greater way to acknowledge our lives than to live a life of joy.
- In those moments that we get triggered, those are the moments you create the new ones (triggers).
- Writing down the new belief is very important neuro-scientifically. It will help create new neuro-pathways.
- Really, we’re a work in progress. Our job individually is to really become the full expression of the greatness that can come through us but we can’t do that if we have limiting self-beliefs.
- It’s such a waste not to live up to your potential.
Day 1 Challenge:
Subscribe to a podcast on mindfulness. If you don’t have iTunes, simply look up Stitcher Radio or Audioboom and you should be able to subscribe to podcasts via those platforms so long as you have a smartphone or computer. If you don’t have a smartphone, computer or tablet, buy a book on mindfulness from your local bookstore.
Listen to the Podcast on Sound Cloud
Listen to the Podcast on Stitcher
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Your Brilliant Un-Career features a bonus private podcast interview with EFT Practitioner and author Sally Thibault. Listen in for some encouragement and affirmation that you are enough, just as you are and read Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career for 7 tips to overcome emotional and psychological barriers to your success. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other bonus business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.