About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer. This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Shift Club, creating marketing that moves… your business, your community, and the world!
I am the author of Your Brilliant Un-Career and How to Create a Magnetic Marketing System, both available on Amazon. After a near death experience, in 2010 I founded my first startup and now juggle running a successful content marketing agency, a tech startup, and my online training programs from my Brisbane-based home office while solo parenting and home educating my three boys.
- When people ask you questions it means they’re interested in the project.
- The one thing that was holding me back was that I couldn’t do it all myself.
- If I really wanted to I could learn how to program, but I just don’t want to.
- The idea fires me up, the idea of having it developed.
- If you don’t create compelling content nobody is going to buy from you. If they don’t see your vision, they won’t buy.
- Preparation is key when you’re preparing to pitch.
- Even if you just do these things as a learning experience, it’s amazing. You learn so much.
- It’s funny how we always err on the side of “I suck.”
- We go “there are all the reasons why I can’t do this.”
- JK Rowling was a single, broke mother who became a billionaire.
- Just embrace that it’s happening.
- I just know that so many people out there have idea and visions and they diminish them. If you have an opportunity to share, please do. You don’t know what can happen.
- Don’t ever trip yourself up and think that your ideas are any less worthy than anyone else’s.
- If there are things distracting you from your vision, cut them loose.
I just want to acknowledge the judges, my advisor Brett from BlueChilli, BlueChilli, CCIQ, Suncorp, and Microsoft for giving me the opportunity to pitch at the Collaborate Competition.
Listen to the Podcast on Sound Cloud
Listen to the Podcast on Stitcher
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 4 of Your Brilliant Un-Career features an interview with 7 Day Startup success Dan Norris. Listen in for some awesome startup tips and get your idea off the ground. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.