If there’s one thing everyone seems to lack it’s time. Even though technology has automated so many tasks and you can buy virtually anything online, people in developed countries are more time-poor than ever before. According to The Economist, it’s actually a problem of perception. It’s argued that you actually have more time on your hands than ever before, but if this is true, why do you feel so rushed and overworked? Today we explore the issue of time from a startup business perspective. What can you do to make more time so you can launch and what can you launch to make more time for what’s important in life. And be sure to listen in for today’s challenge.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Writally.com, a new startup to help business bloggers create high-quality content in half the time. Join the beta testing community here: http://writally.com/group!
I am the author of Your Brilliant Un-Career and How to Create a Magnetic Marketing System, both available on Amazon. After a near death experience, in 2010 I founded my first startup and now juggle running a successful content marketing agency, a tech startup, and my online training programs from my Brisbane-based home office while solo parenting and home educating my three boys.
Brian Creager is the founder and owner of The Product Hatchery and a co-founder of ZonSquad.
After a 23 year corporate career, Brian created The Product Hatchery to help entrepreneurs and small to medium sized manufacturers with their product positioning, packaging, and to expand into the lucrative micro-brand market.
In his corporate career, Brian created two 7 figure businesses in Europe (one in the United Kingdom, the other in Belgium) from his home base in Atlanta, GA.
Since becoming a full time entrepreneur, Brian has created his own 7 figure micro-brand business selling mens hair care products online via Amazon and other channels.
Connect with Theresa
- People in developed countries, in particular, waste a lot of time on screen time, whether that be phones, computers or TVs.
- The problem with a TV is when it’s there, it’s usually on and through its power of distraction, it can become a massive time suck.
- How long do you spend each day scrolling the Facebook newsfeed or catching up on emails?
- If you knew when you were going to leave this Earth, and it was soon, wouldn’t you stop frittering away the time you had left and start doing all the things on your bucket list?
- When you’re working in someone else’s business, you’re building someone else’s business
- You’ve got X years experience. Somebody wants what you have.
- You don’t always have to look too far outside of what your skill set is, to find what you can do to make money as an entrepreneur
- Private Labelling: Find a product that is already selling and have it private labelled.
- There’s only 24 hours in a day. Everyone gets the same 24 hours. It’s what you do with it that is important.
- In that transition phase, it’s always important to have a strong sense of why you’re doing what you’re doing and who it is for?
- When you’re going through a transition, make sure you are going towards something and not running away from something.
- Everybody goes through phases where it’s difficult to be motivated.
- If you’re making a transition from working for someone else to working for yourself, a big mindset shift is setting up a company.
- No matter what you are doing as an entrepreneur, understand your business and what you’re selling and find a platform that helps you scale that.
- There are some individuals that are not in a mindset to change their station in life and change what they do, despite being unhappy.
- If you’re halfway vested in something it’s going to be very difficult to find that internal motivation to make that change.
- There are always things you can do where you can package up your knowledge and expertise and sell it as a product.
- Amazon is really helpful in scaling a physical products business
- The beauty of Amazon is that it’s a source of traffic and actually a platform to conduct the sale.
- People searching on Amazon have a predisposition to buying the product.
- Typical conversion rates on Amazon are greater than 20%.
- It’s important you find a platform that helps you scale your business
Day 2 Challenge:
Take an inventory of everything you do in your day (Download the Daily Time Inventory here)
Listen to the Podcast on Sound Cloud
Listen to the Podcast on Stitcher
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Your Brilliant Un-Career features a bonus private podcast interview with EFT Practitioner and author Sally Thibault. Listen in for some encouragement and affirmation that you are enough, just as you are and read Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career for 7 tips to overcome emotional and psychological barriers to your success. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other bonus business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.