Welcome to Episode 3 of the Your Brilliant Un-Career Podcast Show! In this episode I interviewed Susan Popovski about breaking free of the Mummy Track and juggling it all. Susan shares her insights on corporate culture and why women leave the workforce plus tips and insights on how to juggle work and life. She also shares her views on the changing marketing world and how that is impacting on businesses, big and small. A terrific episode for anyone who wants a reality check about what it’s like to work for yourself, particularly if you’re a parent.
About the Podcast
Make the leap into entrepreneurship, get unstuck and grow! Through Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, Author and entrepreneur Cas McCullough shares tips and stories to help corporate escapees, wantrapreneurs and entrepreneurs shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamers to doers. Proudly brought to you by the book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap and the 33 Free business building resources available on the Your Brilliant Un-Career website. Out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version)
Susan runs a marketing communications consultancy: SP Communications, and she operates as a specialist marketing and communications firm for the professional services sectors. Her clients include blue-chip financial services firms, financial advisers, mortgage brokers, human resource consultants and much more.
Susan provides a variety of services including social media advice and management, public relations, marketing, copywriting, website and graphic design. She offers the marketing communications team member businesses need without the overhead of permanent staff.
PS: Susan’s #uncareer story is in Chapter 10 of Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap.
Connect with Susan
Takeaways from episode 3
- The reality is for mothers that run their own business that sometimes you don’t get sleep, and have to make sacrifices, but the good thing is you can take days off to recuperate when you need to.
- Marketing nowadays is all about “how can we help you” rather than “look at our ads”.
- Creating content does not have to be overwhelming. Put a system in place and look at what content you already have.
- When you attend networking events, find the relevant events for you, the ones with your target market in them.
- Perseverance is so important. You’ll get there. It’ll be hard, but you can do it. It’s not like that every day, but the initial 12 months is a hard slog.
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to the Show on Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about overcoming overwhelm. I interviewed EFT practitioner Sally Thibault on this topic. You can access that for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.