In Episode 21, I talk to life coach Annie Huang. Annie is an expert on how to handle life’s difficult transitions because she’s been through many transition in her own life, from relocation to a new country to going through painful relationship breakups. A former lawyer and UN human rights advocate, she now helps women through times of transition in her life coaching practice. If you are transitioning and finding it challenging, you will love this episode.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer. This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, and the 33 Free inspirational and practical interviews, templates, and affirmations available on this website. Out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version)
About Annie Huang
Annie Huang has experienced many major transitions personally, professionally and geographically over the years. Her experience and strong desire to help other women through transitions led to her to start her own coaching business. Through Love Your Journey, Annie empowers women in transition who are struggling to find their feet when the ground shifts. She encourages them to embrace change and enjoy their unique journey.
Connect with Annie
Takeaways from episode 21
- It’s important to have support networks around you when you’re going through tough transitions.
- When you have a very strong body, it’s hard to be anxious. –When your body is hurting it’s hard to stay positive. People underestimate the connection between body and mind.
- Everything happens for a reason, the good and bad.
- Tomorrow is a new day, fresh with no mistakes in it.
- We all need people in our lives that believe in us.
- If we don’t have a clear boundary between work and personal time, the work time tends to extend into personal time.
- Nanna naps! They are awesome!
- Most people spend half an hour more on Facebook and Youtube and that’s not very productive. A nap re-energises you and lifts your productivity.
- Isolation is our biggest enemy.
- Often when we’re going through a major transition, we can feel like we’re the only ones going through that or the only ones suffering. That’s not true.
- We need to be compassionate with ourselves.
- At times of transition, it opens up new opportunities for you to do the things you’ve always wanted to do.
Mentioned in this episode:
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to the Show on Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about overcoming the mental and emotional barriers to success. I have done a terrific interview with EFT therapist Sally Thibault on this topic that I want you to have. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.