A split-second decision changed the course of Alex Mitchell’s life and kickstarted an incredible business and life journey. If you want to be inspired to change the course of your life and unleash your potential, this is the episode for you, particularly if you’re a divorced or single parent.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer. This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Shift Club, creating marketing that moves… your business, your community and the world!
About Alex Mitchell
Alex Mitchell is an independent book coach, author’s consultant and editor based on a pineapple farm in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, Australia. She has spent the last eight years working with business people to create concise, compelling and comprehensive books that complement their businesses and increase their professional standing. Alex offers one to one coaching to help busy people manage their book projects, as well as small group author workshops and Skype consultations.
Connect with Alex
Takeaways from Episode 27
- “When we were running through the jungle, another backpacker stopped and picked up one of my kids…”
- I decided that I was going to start something amazing
- Your life keeps changing and the demands on your time change all the time, and you’ve gotta change with it.
- If you’re waiting for your life to be organised, it’s never going to happen
- Become the person you want to be so you can attract the people you want to have in your life
- Entering quality awards can help you step back, focus and understand your business a lot better
- If you don’t back yourself how can other people?
- Ask people to nominate you for awards. They often do know about them.
- To entrust your book to someone you really have to know and like them.
- Have a look at what’s important to you and how far you want to go.
- What you think people need isn’t always what they want. Find the right angle that your clients need to keep them motivated and accountable. It’s different for everyone.
- Alex’s big Making the Leap tip: You’ve gotta be doing something you feel strongly about. It’s gotta be something you really want to do. Where I see people come undone is that there’s too much focus on what you love to do but forgetting what the market wants. You can’t force the market to want what you offer. Tweak your offer to fit what the market wants.
- Reinventing your life is not an easy thing to do.
- “I had to step up and make it happen.”
- It takes a long time to build a business to the point you are completely independent. It doesn’t happen overnight.
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to the Show on Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 2 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about creating a business that leverages your expertise over your time. I have done a terrific interview with Sourcebottle’s Rebecca Derrington on this topic that I want you to have. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.