In episode 24, I talk to Theresa Vigarino. Get set to break free from your limits, quit negative self talk and heal the wounds of your past. Theresa shares a secret, that our brains are trying to keep us stuck. In order to change your behaviour and responses to triggers, we need to rewrite the story. Theresa shows us how in this latest episode.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer. This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, and the all new Shift Club, a private mentoring and training community to help you create marketing that moves. Out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version)
About Theresa Vigarino
Theresa is a Certified, Professional Life Coach with a speciality in trauma and grief recovery. She has coaching graduate work in the study of neuroscience, quantum physics and spirituality. She is also a spiritual teacher, author and speaker. She is a mother of 2 grown children, recently engaged and resides in Lake Tahoe, Nevada and Silicon Valley/Bay Area, California. She enjoys activities in nature, is an avid rock climber, gourmet cook, lover of life and social butterfly. She loves her time with her friends and family in Lake Tahoe.
Theresa coaches and teaches women in mid-life how to create the life of their dreams. Currently, she is working with women on healing their hearts, minds, emotions and spirit in the area of romantic love. She teaches a 5-day intensive class, Transformation Through Healing. She coaches one-on-one, and is planning a retreat in Lake Tahoe in October 2015 for women.
Connect with Theresa
Takeaways from episode 24
- The brain will not give up an old way of thinking or being until it has a new one to go to.
- It’s the workings of our own mind that keep us trapped.
- Our brain records our life story.
- Know what your triggers are.
- When we are trying to form the new story, our brains will try to keep us the same.
- When you write your new story, make it about yourself in the positive
- We can’t change the other person, we can only change ourselves and our own responses to triggers
- Self-acceptance is a gift we can give ourselves.
- Focusing on the negative will keep you from doing what you want.
- Fear will keep you trapped.
- “What we don’t acknowledge, we can’t change.”
- We have to get away and clear our our weeds out.
- What’s your downtime?
- Tip: Embrace the fear and be comfortable in the uncomfortable.
- Your gifts are meant to be shared.
- Live your life with the expectation of the miraculous.
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to the Show on Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about mindset and overcoming barriers to success. I have done a terrific interview with EFT practitioner Sally Thibault on this topic that I want you to have. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.