Welcome to Episode 14 of the Your Brilliant Un-Career Podcast Show! Belinda Weaver is an Aussie entrepreneur and copywriter currently living in Silicon Valley with her partner and 18 month old daughter. Belinda and I covered a lot of ground, from taking your business on the road to taking responsibility for how you interact with clients. Belinda threw in a few choice copywriting tips too! If you want to know how you can make business work with family and the lifestyle you want, then you’ll love this episode.
About the Podcast
Make the leap into entrepreneurship, get unstuck and grow! Through Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, Author and entrepreneur Cas McCullough shares tips and stories to help corporate escapees, wantrapreneurs and entrepreneurs shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamers to doers. Proudly brought to you by the book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap and the 33 Free business building resources available on the Your Brilliant Un-Career website. Out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version)
Before building Copywrite Matters into a successful copywriting business, Belinda spent years developing and implementing marketing strategies. She took many campaigns from idea to execution before realising copywriting was the practice she enjoyed most. Over the years Belinda learned what works and what doesn’t.
Connect with Belinda
Takeaways from episode 14
- The beauty of having a business you can take anywhere is when you pick it up and take it anywhere.
- What most of us do is transport ourselves all the way to our home office and create a job for ourselves.
- Own your mistakes. What are you responsible for? What are your clients responsible for?
- Clear communication is really important.
- Say why you’re in the business, what values drive you and what you can do. This tells potential clients what you’re like to work with.
- Telling stories and being conversation and being you will get you far more results than anything else.
- If people visited your homepage only, would they get an understanding of what it is you offer, why you’re different and what you’d be like to work with?
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to the Show on Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 2 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about Entrepreneurship in the information economy. I have done a terrific interview with Bec Derrington on this topic. You can access that for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.