In episode 25, Kate Erickson shares why she made the leap from her corporate marketing job to work with her life partner John Lee Dumas on the EntrepreneurOnFire podcast. Kate shares some amazing productivity and systemisation tips to help you find more time in your day (for the important things in life) and scale your business.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer. This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Writally, because you have better things to do than stare at a blank screen.
About Kate Erickson
Kate Erickson is a creator, engager and implementer over at EntrepreneurOnFire, a 7-day a week podcast that interviews today’s most inspiring and successful entrepreneurs. She is also the host of Kate’s Take: The EntrepreneurOnFire Audio Blog and author of The Fire Path: A Beginner’s Guide to Growing Your Online Business. Kate is passionate about helping entrepreneurs create freedom in their business and life through developing systems and processes that can help their business scale and grow.
Connect with Kate
Takeaways from episode 25
- If you work with the person you are in partnership with, you need to set boundaries.
- Align your goals and vision for the business.
- With entrepreneurship, you can create a role for yourself to suit your skills, goals and needs.
- Keep the benefits of systemising top of mind to motivate you to implement them.
- Write out everything you are working on each day for an entire week. Take inventory of your business.
- There’s going to be a lot of stuff you shouldn’t be doing and
- you’ll start to recognise tasks you do on a repetitive basis.
- Hiring a coach in the podcast space was a game changer for John Lee Dumas.
- Connecting with influencers at events can give you a foot in the door.
- Model success.
- Don’t focus on all the information at once. You won’t be able to process it and take action on it. Focus on one thing at a time to help you move forward.
- Take a step back. Are you overcomplicating things?
- There are so many times that you’re going to be way too close to something you’re working on.
- Give yourself credit for the skills you have built in your corporate job.
- Kate’s most important tip for someone making the leap: Take some time and start writing out what your skills and expertise are so you can build your confidence and play to your strengths.
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to the Show on Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 3 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about planning and systemising your business. I have done a terrific interview with Alison Vidotto on this topic that I want you to have. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.