Osteopath turned magazine publisher and podcaster Rebecca Winston had a baby and launched a magazine within the space of a few weeks. In Episode 31, Rebecca talks about Thermomix, balancing mothering with her business baby and going with the flow.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer. This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Shift Club, creating marketing that moves… your business, your community and the world!
Within weeks of becoming a Mum for the first time, I became the editor of The 4 Blades Magazine, a digital magazine for lovers of the Thermomix. This shift from a childless full-time osteopath to a full time stay-at-home-but-work-really-hard-Mum has been one heck of an un-career journey, but incredibly rewarding.The 4 Blades is about food, family, fun… and combining those three. We share great thermo mixing recipes with the world via our digital magazine, podcast and blog.
Connect with Rebecca
BONUS GIFT FROM BEC AND JOE:
On the show Bec offered a special gift just for Your Brilliant Un-Career listeners, 12 quick and easy recipes for the busy entrepreneur who is trying to balance work and life. I personally can’t wait to try them! You can download the PDF here: http://www.the4blades.com/uncareer
Takeaways from Episode 31
- “When you’re on your path, the universe will conspire to help you.” — Brene Brown
- Sometimes things don’t go according to plan.
- To the question, “how do you fit everything in?” Bec says “I just go with it and every day is different.”
- Mentioned Megs from Blooming Healthy.
- You know you can’t grow too much further unless you get more help.
- Mentioned Mike O’Hagan’s advice “give it six weeks and if it’s not drastically increasing in growth, don’t give it any more energy.”
- It’s so easy to get stuck on the emotional idea of something.
- You don’t have to do everything right now.
- Bec’s big “Making the Leap” tip: Listen to the world. Observe and sit with an idea before diving in. See how it will work in with your life. See how you feel about it in a week.
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to the Show on Stitcher Radio
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about overcoming emotional barriers to success. I have done a terrific interview with author and EFT Practitioner Sally Thibault on this topic that I want you to have. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.