Welcome to Episode 6 of the Your Brilliant Un-Career Podcast Show! Adam Franklin spills the beans on his book Web Marketing That Works (co-authored with Toby Jenkins) and shares his best tips on website development (for both developers and clients), marketing strategies that work, and a surprising winning influencer marketing strategy that involves two Aussie delights: Tim Tams and Bundaberg Rum. Intrigued? Listen in for more.
About the Podcast
Make the leap into entrepreneurship, get unstuck and grow! Through Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, Author and entrepreneur Cas McCullough shares tips and stories to help corporate escapees, wantrapreneurs and entrepreneurs shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamers to doers. Proudly brought to you by the book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap and the 33 Free business building resources available on the Your Brilliant Un-Career website. Out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version)
About Adam Franklin
Adam Franklin is the co-author of Web Marketing That Works.
He is also the host of a top rating iTunes podcast, is an international social media speaker and the marketing manager of Bluewire Media – the web marketing firm he co-founded in 2005.
Adam’s Bluewire Media blog has been named as one of Australia’s Best Business Blogs for 4 years.
He has also written for The Australian, Sydney Morning Herald, Smart Company and StartupSmart and dozens of widely read blogs. He has been interviewed on 2UE, 4BC and ABC radio, as well on many popular podcasts.
Adam co-created the free Web Strategy Planning Template which has been seen by hundreds of thousands of marketers worldwide, and his weekly ‘Bluewire News’ email goes out to over 15,000 readers.
Adam has featured on Smart Company’s Hot 30 Under 30 and the Dynamic Business 2010 Young Guns lists of young entrepreneurs.
Connect with Adam Franklin
Takeaways from episode 6
- Advertising is expensive. You are only in front of people for as long as you pay for the ad. Whereas when you produce quality, engaging content, that builds in value over time, even if initially it doesn’t get a lot of traction.
- When working on website projects it helps to do a thorough strategy at the outset. This then guides all future content development as well.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with your marketing.
- Templates are terrific tools for building trust and a loyal following because they are easy to implement
- When reaching out to influencers at conferences, it helps to be memorable and generous. Adam shares his secret strategy for building rapport with the people he meets in his travels.
Listen to the Podcast
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Chapter 7 of Your Brilliant Un-Career talks about 21st Century Marketing. In fact the interview I did on this topic was with Adam Franklin. You can access that for free here, along with 32 other business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.