Do you take time to stop and think about all the blessings in your life? Do you take time to notice all the wonderful things before you? Today’s show features a conversation with author and family lawyer Kathryn Hodges. Kathryn keeps a public gratitude journal and not matter how life is going, she puts out what she is grateful for on Facebook every single day. We unpack gratitude to help you stop and smell the roses. Don’t forget to check out today’s challenge!
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Writally.com, a new startup to help business bloggers create high-quality content in half the time. Join the beta testing community here: http://writally.com/group!
Kathryn is a family lawyer for 18 years working with separating couples who are seeing a simple and dignified process of separation. She is a provider of real and honest support specifically helping people to hang onto their best inner self when they go through separation.
Where to Find Kathryn
- Gratitude helps you to be happier.
- If you’re feeling depressed, nothing lifts you out of a funk like listing all the things you are grateful for in your life.
- People spend a lot of time thinking about what they don’t have and trying to acquire those things. They also spend a lot of time comparing themselves to others. Gratitude puts a stop to that kind of thinking.
- Lastly, being grateful helps you to be more present. It helps you notice everything around you savour it.
- Life is too short not to take pleasure in what’s around you.
- Gratitude was the first signpost I took to get out of the mire.
- Having a gratitude journal forced me to stop and look at what I could be grateful for in that day.
- In 2011 Kathryn committed to publicly share her gratitude challenge, every single day.
- Lawyers spend all day every day worrying about what might go wrong.
- You can simply decide to change your outlook.
- You do the bit that you can do. You let the rest go. You see the good that’s around you and you look for the magic in life. It’s still there!
- Sometimes the challenge is finding the middle space in life rather than going from one extreme to another.
- Gratitude has been a muscle I have had to learn to develop.
- There is power in accountability. There is power in a commitment to a certain period of time.
- Mentions The 4 Tendencies (Gretchen Rubin).
- What’s going to be the strategy that best helps you move that dial?
Day 3 Challenge:
It might be clouds, a baby breastfeeding, an old couple holding hands at the bus stop, a walk in a rain forest, or a sunset. Whatever it is, take it in and enjoy! It will completely change the outlook of your day.
Listen to the Podcast on Sound Cloud
Listen to the Podcast on Stitcher
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Your Brilliant Un-Career features a bonus private podcast interview with EFT Practitioner and author Sally Thibault. Listen in for some encouragement and affirmation that you are enough, just as you are and read Chapter 11 of Your Brilliant Un-Career for 7 tips to overcome emotional and psychological barriers to your success. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other bonus business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.