In today’s show Adam Franklin and I chat about the power of kindness and how it can be contagious. When you are kind to someone, they often feel compelled to pay that kindness forward, and thus begins the creation of a kinder, more humane world.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Writally.com, a new startup to help business bloggers create high-quality content in half the time. Join the beta testing community here: http://writally.com/group!
Adam Franklin is a social media speaker who gives content marketing keynotes and digital strategy workshops. With humorous and jargon-free presentations, he has delighted audiences around the world. Adam is an entrepreneur, business owner and marketer who lives and breathes social media, content marketing and inbound marketing.
Connect with Adam
- Even if you feel triggered by different situations, you have the power to respond differently.
- Kindness starts with you and how you respond to the world. Treat yourself and others with respect and love and you will start to see the ripple effect.
- Tips on being kind even on your “off” days
- Accept your bad days, don’t beat yourself up for not feeling at your best. Go for a walk, read a book, or phone a friend to help you snap out of it.
- Be mindful and conscious of what’s going on in other people’s lives. Don’t get caught up in the façade portrayed on social media. It’s not till you ask that you really know what’s going on for others.
- Be aware of yourself and your surroundings during stressful times.
- Create rituals and schedule time in your week to show kindness.
- Be thoughtful of others and recognize the value of connecting people together.
- Life is bigger than our world, and we can make an impact by being kind and generous.
- World class people tend to collaborate. They don’t have a scarcity mindset.
- We have the ability to change how business is done with the power of kindness.
- Mentions Give and Take by Adam Grant.
- We can change the way business is done, just through thoughtfulness and kindness.
Day 5 Challenge:
Listen to the Podcast on Sound Cloud
Listen to the Podcast on Stitcher
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Your Brilliant Un-Career features a bonus private podcast interview with leadership expert and author Alison Vidotto. Listen in for tips on how to avoid business faux pas and read Chapter 4 of Your Brilliant Un-Career for more on this topic. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other bonus business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.