Today entrepreneur and podcaster Kevin Rizer and I unpack and share about our newfound love of wanderlusting. Wanderlust is when you feel compelled to live and breathe different cultures in far flung corners of the world. A wander luster travels to experience and drink in life from locals’ perspective, to be challenged on every front and to expand their knowledge and experience of life.
About the Podcast
If you’ve thought about or recently made the leap into entrepreneurship, but you’re finding the journey overwhelming, I want to help you land on two feet and gracefully overcome the challenges that stand in your way. You can do it. You are doing it… as am I. We are in this together! Through the stories my guests and I share on Your Brilliant Un-Career, the Podcast, I aim to help you shift from stuck to inspired, from dreamer to doer.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by my bestselling book: Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, out now on Amazon. http://bit.ly/uncareerp (Paperback version) http://bit.ly/uncareer (Kindle version), and Writally.com, a new startup to help business bloggers create high-quality content in half the time. Join the beta testing community here: http://writally.com/group!
Kevin Rizer is the host of the Private Label Podcast, co-founder of ZonSquad and a self-described serial entrepreneur. He has created from scratch multiple seven figure brands, and loves teaching and inspiring others to do the same. Prior to launching his first private label business in 2014, Kevin spent time in the healthcare and television space.
Connect with Kevin
- Travel has truly been my greatest teacher. All my life I wanted to live like a gypsy. I even used to dress up as a gypsy at school dress up days.
- Time, money and the rhythm of life raising three children seemed to make it too hard to do anything else, but then I started to meet others who managed to create a gypsy life.
- If you long to visit far-flung places, don’t let your circumstances weigh you down. Keep dreaming and keep planning.
- There are many ways to travel on a budget including camping at Rainbow Gatherings, going on a working holiday picking fruit, and helping out on farms.
- Travel isn’t for everyone, traveling for business can expand your outlook on life and beyond.
- Traveling on your own can be daunting, but well worth the experience.
- Adjusting to different cultures, food and environments can be uncomfortable but will lead to great experiences.
- Wanderlust: A strong desire or impulse to travel the world. Literally, a lust for wandering.
- It wasn’t till I got out of my comfort zone and left home, that I started to grow. If you surround yourself with the same people, the same places, and the same activities day in and day out, year in and year out, you’re not going to grow in the same way that you can by really expanding your horizons and one of the best ways to do that is to get out there an explore.
- How to successfully run multiple businesses while traveling:
- Don’t do it unless you can make it work.
- Develop a team and a system to allow your business to continue to thrive as you travel.
- Plan your travel around your business. What things will need to put in place ahead of time, in order to maintain the flow of your business and team?
- Don’t wait till you’re on the trip to start figuring this stuff out.
- Little things like having a charger pack, the right adaptors etc, can make or break your experience.
- Travel Tip: I really tried to limit the distractions. I set up a new email address that I only shared with the most critical people in my life and family.
- It doesn’t have to be business OR pleasure: Why can’t it be both?
- Put your dream on a vision board so that it becomes more real to you.
- We all have the power within us to change our situation. It really is as simple as making the decision after that “I’ve had it!” moment. Change always start with some life-altering motive.
Day 6 Challenge
Ready to feed your wanderlust? Look up a blog post on a country or activity you’ve longed to do and read more about it. And, if you can start making plans to travel there, even better.
Listen to the Podcast on Sound Cloud
Listen to the Podcast on Stitcher
Subscribe to the show via iTunes here
If you enjoyed the show, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review on iTunes. It only takes a moment and your review and rating of the show can really help this show reach more listeners.
Share the Podcast with a Business Friend
Also, if you know someone who would enjoy the show, why not pay it forward to them by sharing it with them. Here’s a tweet you can use:
Want More on this Topic?
Your Brilliant Un-Career features a bonus private podcast interview with leadership expert and author Alison Vidotto. Listen in for tips on how to avoid business faux pas and read Chapter 4 of Your Brilliant Un-Career for more on this topic. Access this interview for free here, along with 32 other bonus business building podcast interviews, templates, worksheets and motivational affirmations.